£8.21 per hour
• To keep track of goods in and out, storing them in the most efficient and appropriate way. Good mental arithmetic, spatial awareness and judgement are essential. Attention to detail is important when making up drug testing kits, as well as checking for faulty or damaged goods, as is the ability to keep accurate and up-to-date records, for example to ensure stock levels do not fall too low. An organised and conscientious approach is needed as admin and paperwork are an integral part of the job.
• You will be working as part of a team and will need to be a good team player. Great people skills, verbal communication skills, the ability to problem solve and patience are essential as the role is client and supplier facing. This is a warehouse environment and the role involve a manual element. You must be responsible and reliable, with a commitment to safe working.
• Loading and unloading goods from delivery vans or lorries
• Checking that the correct quantity and type of goods have been received
• Recording any damaged, missing or faulty goods
• Signing the delivery form or ‘booking in’ goods into SYNLAB’s system, once satisfied that the goods are complete
• Moving the goods to the correct area in the warehouse
• Labelling goods
STORAGE & STOCK CONTROL:
• Allocating storage space to goods
• Relocating and re-stacking goods to make space for a new delivery
• Keeping records (often computerised) of goods, their location and quantity
• Re-ordering if stock levels fall too low
• Picking goods that have been ordered, and making them into kits
• Keeping records of goods / kits, which have been picked
• Preparing despatch notes and labels
• Moving and stacking goods ready for delivery
• Invoicing clients
• Follow up and resolve Customer concerns
• Answer the phone and email in a professional and courteous manner
• Build a positive working environment and cultivate a team atmosphere by working with the team to achieve the departments targets and objectives
• Compliance with security procedures and health & safety
• Maintaining the warehouse in a tidy state and clearing away packing material and debris
• Using computerised systems and other technology to record goods movement
• Liaising with manufacturers, distributors and customers
• Arranging carriage of goods to and from the customer
• Quality control of goods in and/or goods out
• Maintenance of stable conditions or temperatures within the warehouse environment
• To observe safety regulations and attend mandatory fire, manual handling and other courses as required
• Report all incidents and adverse events to managers and assist in the investigations of any incidents
• Participate in risk assessment monitoring
• To ensure that the equipment within area of work is maintained and operated as per SOP’s
• To comply with company policy for annual mandatory updates and have knowledge of COSHH and Lifting and Handling Policies
St David Recruitment Services is an Employment Agency providing work-finding services to our clients, candidates and work-seekers. Our Company must process personal data so that we can provide these services and in doing so, the Company acts as a Data Controller.
As a candidate, you may provide personal details to our Company directly in CV form or via our website. Alternatively, we may collect them from another source such as a third party jobs board. As a business, we must have a legal basis for processing personal data and in turn providing work-finding services. In the event that you are a candidate who has formally registered with St David Recruitment Services, please be advised that personal data is processed on the legal basis of ‘Contractual Obligation;’ the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract. In all other instances, where we receive personal data via direct or indirect means, either supplied by yourself or obtained via a public forum, we process data on the basis of ‘Legitimate Interest;’ processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest to provide work-finding services.
St David Recruitment Services will only share personal data with clients who have authorised us to source prospective candidates for permanent or temporary employment. Specific company names will be disclosed in advance of any data being shared.
As a business, we will retain personal data only for as long as is necessary, on a secure CRM system. The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from the date of their creation or after the date on which we last provide work-finding services. Where applicable, we must also keep payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
As an individual, you have several rights in respect to the processing of your personal data, all of which can be reviewed on our website. This includes the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting the Recruitment Consultant with whom you initiated contact, or any other employee at St David Recruitment Services.
This e-mail may contain confidential personal data / sensitive personal data and is for the use of the intended addressee(s) only. Onward delivery, copying or similar disclosure of the contents of this e-mail should only be done so in accordance with GDPR legislation. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately and take appropriate measures to delete the content. E-mails sent and/or received via our organisation will retained and monitored for the purposes of ensuring compliance with GDPR.