HGV Cover Driver – Smethwick
A vacancy has arisen for a permanent full time HGV Cover Driver, based at our Smethwick facility.
The purpose of the HGV Cover Driver is to ensure goods are transported in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with company procedures. This role will be covering vehicles based out of multiple depots within the business. Therefore the candidate must be willing to travel and potentially be out up to 4 nights per week.
Key accountabilities of the HGV Cover Driver include:
• Day to day functions as requested and required by your line manager
• Ensure deliveries are made accurately and efficiently
• Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in line with legislation
• To attend any relevant training as required, ensuring you remain fully equipped to perform your role effectively and to assist in the development of continuous improvement
• To report any accident or damage to any equipment or machinery
• Maintain excellent service levels at all times, ensuring a “first Class” service to all customers
• Ensuring security of goods carried are at the highest level
• Take on projects as and when required and see them through to successful completion
• To positively promote Sims to other employees, customers, suppliers and externally
• Ensure road worthiness of vehicle before leaving Service Centre by carrying out a safety check, taking appropriate action where necessary
• Inform relevant Manager of non-conformances and ensure corrective action is taken
• Ensure compliance with all transport procedures throughout the operation
• Perform such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
• Comply with all Company policies related to Code of Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety and Community
Applicants must have exceptional organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. They will have excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable. The candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills combined with integrity and confidentiality.
The candidate will have a HGV Licence Class 2 or above and previous experience of HGV Driving is essential. The role requires strong logistical and geographical knowledge and the applicant will have a Digital Tachograph Card & Driver CPC. The applicant will be flexible, willing to travel and may be required to stay away from home up to 4 nights per week when required.
Anyone interested in this opportunity should fllow the link or contact Luis Tapia: (phone number removed) to request an application form.