Estimator - Construction / Refurb Experience Essential
This business is one of the UK largest and most successful specialist contractors. They have been in operation for decades and due to ambitious growth plans, they require an experienced Estimator who can work alongside the Bid Team whose main focus is securing public sector bids.
Reporting to the Group Development Director.
* Responsible for pricing public sector new build and refurbishment schemes as a principle or subcontractor.
* Review incoming enquiries, establishing the full scope of works, identifying both items of in-house manufacture and subcontract specialist services, liaising with Sales to resolve queries
* Chase a pipeline of priced work for feedback, liaising with internal management to bring to a
* Liaison with external suppliers and Subcontractors over identified services ensuring that the services that they are offering are compliant with clients needs, where not clearly identify and qualify.
* Qualify bid with any necessary risk items and exclusions/qualifications.
* Produce an accurate estimate of cost for each individual project from the estimate system/drawing and/or template creating and sourcing special non-standard prices and entering onto the system to develop the database for future use. Estimates created using Excel. Apply margins and ROI’s in accordance with the companies pricing policy.
* Produce specification and presentation information to complement the drawing and estimate.
* Liaise with internal departments over their relevant areas of work, as well as subcontractors for quotations for non in-house items
* Attend in-house & external project meetings as necessary, to enable the successful and cost-effective running of enquiries.
* Be mindful of deadlines and achieve where possible but keep all involved informed of any delays.
* Knowledge of materials/construction methods
* Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
* Experience within the System Building Market would be extremely useful
* Some travel will be required
Driving Licence (Local site surveys may be required)
* •Ability to work at heights
* •Construction or refurbishment Industry Experience
This is a permanent opportunity with exceptional career progression.