Position: Teaching Assistant/ TA
Key stage: 2
Location: East London
Start date: September 2019
Pay: £70 – 80 per day depending on experience
Athona are working a lovely one form entry Primary School located in East London based in the Hackney borough, they are an Ofsted rated ‘Good School’ with excellent public transport links. They are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join them from September 2019 on a full time, long term to permanent basis. This position will also include intervention cover working with Year 5 and Year 6 classes.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who is confident assisting within a KS2 Classroom. You will be able to assist with schemes of work and differentiate for varying levels within the class, including gifted and talented children. You will be required to work standard school hours and preferably be able to work 5 days a week.
The successful applicant is expected to:
* Qualifications – Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant Diploma/ Level 2 or 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
* Effectively assist within the Key Stage 2 curriculum to the highest standards.
* Assist with delivering fun and engaging lessons that also challenge and develop learning.
* Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and other staff members.
* Be committed to the schools objectives and teach in line with their ethos.
* Competitive rates of pay
* Career progression
* Excellent facilities
* OFSTED grading (Good)
If you are interested in this position or any other roles we currently have available, please do not hesitate to contact on (phone number removed) or email
Please note: In accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' all candidates must have a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure to work in a school or nursery. If a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service is not held we will require you to complete a new DBS application.