Covance have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager – BiopharmCMC to join their growing team in Harrogate.
Job Title: Project Manager – BiopharmCMC
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
“Every day is another chance to help save the lives of millions of people around the world. When you join our team, you get to be a part of that.”
Covance is a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organisation that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry.
At Covance, we offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with talented colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner, as Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescriptions medicines in the market today.
Our Northern UK sites in York & Harrogate are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join the Biopharmaceutical Chemistry Manufacturing Controls (CMC) division. The CMC division provides end-to-end analytical solutions and testing services to ensure quality control of our clients’ manufactured drug products. Once this testing is complete, it brings our clients one-step closer to successfully launching the drug product on the market; helping bring medicine to patients.
As a Project Manager for the CMC division, you will work as part of the Global Project Management Office to conduct full supervision of client projects. Our clients are leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies and the projects that you will manage will ensure the clients manufactured products pass all quality testing and are fit for purpose.
As the Project Manager, you will be pivotal in end-to-end management of a project, acting as the central point of contact for the internal scientific team performing the analysis and the external client to ensure all requirements and deliverables are met in the specified time frame. You will successfully initiate, plan, execute, monitor and complete the projects, assisting with study costing and with accountability for financial tracking.
The Project Manager will collaborate with the Lead Scientist to ensure the projects analytical tests is conducted in compliance with appropriate protocol, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulatory agency guidelines.
You will utilise excellent communication and leadership skills to liaise with internal and external project teams, departmental management and the Client to ensure effective progress throughout the life cycle of a project.
What Covance can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory pension.
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry.
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you will be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
- Ability to work with a variety of different clients on wide ranging global projects.
- Great North Yorkshire locations.
- The post holder will have a relevant degree and/or relevant Project Management Office experience.
- Be accredited to (and maintain) or be working towards a recognised Project Management qualification.
- An up to date knowledge of GxP regulatory guidelines is desirable.
- Knowledge of capabilities and expertise of the Covance organisation and companies that may provide support services.
- 3-5 years Project Management experience within the Scientific Industry.
- Computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Office packages and Microsoft Project).
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage time.
- Commercial awareness, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- The ability to get things done by influencing internal and external stakeholders.
Here, you will have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow's drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients and your career.
To submit your CV for this exciting Project Manager – BiopharmCMC opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!