We are working in partnership with Ashford Borough Council - a local authority like no other in the county.
The Council is a high-performing one that has achieved self-sufficiency from government funding through income generation. It has a culture of autonomy, innovation and a family of employees. With strong corporate values, the Council's aim is to commit to high standards and constantly seek new opportunities and solutions.
If you are an experienced Systems Developer who would like to join a successful organisation such as Ashford Borough Council, call me to discuss in more detail.
The role will involve:
* Analysing, designing and implementing transactional systems
* Assist with the development, support and integration of the Council's ICT systems
* Identify and scope requirements to re-engineer solutions and processes
* Re-engineer legacy applications and processes
* Assist in the development of the Council's web and intranet sites
* Identify opportunities to improve business efficiencies and input into the Council's Digital Transformation programme
You must have proven experience of customer-led systems development methods, be experienced in working and managing in a group environment, possess database design knowledge with full-systems lifecycle development experience along with project management skills. A degree, of equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar is a pre-requisite.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.