Qualified Social Worker Discharge to Assess Team-Newham Council
Remedy Recruitment Group are looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join Newham Council on a permanent basis within their Hospital Team.
It is an exciting time in Newham Council. We have made significant gains in managing hospital discharge within acute hospital settings but we know we can improve on current performance.
We are about to embark on a new way of arranging hospital discharges and we have identified additional resources to assist this new way of working. The team will be formed of various roles to ensure that a multi-disciplinary approach is taken to address the holistic needs of the customer so that they can recover and recuperate in their own home.
We are looking for two social workers who will be pivotal in the success of our work to discharge patients from Newham University Hospital into the community via a discharge to assess pathway.
This role is about being an excellent social worker, working within a Discharge to Assess Multi-Disciplinary Team. You will be based at Newham University Hospital, working alongside the Hospital Social Work Team/Hospital to Home Team. If you are open to working in an innovative way, embrace change and are committed to working with partners and stakeholders, to improve the patient customer experiences within a acute hospital setting, we would like to hear from you.
You will be working as part of a team, providing an effective, efficient and personalised assessment and support planning service to our customers and their carers. Safeguarding is at the very heart of our innovative practice and professional accountability. You will deliver high quality risk and needs assessments. Your intervention skills and support will enable our vulnerable residents, their carers and families to maximise their choices, control and independence. If you share this vision of excellent integrated discharge practice, we want to hear from you.
* This is a qualified social work post, so you will need to have a social work qualification and be registered with HCPC.
* We are seeking practitioners with substantial experience of working directly with vulnerable adults and their carers, including a full range of statutory social work tasks and experience of managing a complex and varied caseload.
* We are particularly keen to hear from practitioners who have experience working in a health setting.
* You should have up-to-date knowledge of relevant best practice, legislation, guidance and regulations and you’ll be skilled at building relationships with customers, their carers, agencies and colleagues.
* Newham Council will support you with all the resources needed to help you meet the demands of a challenging job. We are keen to support our social work professionals who want to make a difference to improving outcomes for local people.
This vacancy is offering £32,307 - £37,851per annum (pro rata) plus a market supplement of £1500.
If you are interested, please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your cv