Nursery Teaching Assistant
Brighton College has an opportunity for a Nursery Teaching Assistant to join the team based in Brighton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, receive a competitive salary of £15,000 - £19,000 per annum dependant on experience.
The Prep School is seeking to appoint a Nursery Teaching Assistant from August 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to join our EYFS team. You’ll be expected to enter fully in to the life of the school and Brighton College as a whole.
Working closely with the Nursery Teachers regarding termly and weekly planning, you’ll help ensure continuity and progression. You’ll take responsibility for planning areas of the curriculum specified by the Nursery Teachers and ensure that the range of abilities among children is catered for by planned differentiated activities.
As our Nursery Teaching Assistant you’ll need:
- To hold a level 3 qualification.
- Commitment to the education and happiness of young children
- A sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage, curriculum including any recent changes
- A positive approach & caring attitude
- Patience & tolerance
- Energy & enthusiasm
- A creative outlook
- The ability to be fair and objective
- The ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Initiative & flexibility
- A willingness to further own professional development
- To be a good communicator
- To have a sense of humour!
Benefits of becoming our Nursery Teaching Assistant:
- 20 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme
- Death in service benefit after successfully passing probation.
Opportunities are available to run Holiday clubs and our After-School Care Group for those interested in additional employment.
Closing date: Tuesday 11th June
Interviews to take place: Monday 17th June
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Nursery Teaching Assistant then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.