- Do you experience working as a Receptionist within a GP Practice?
- Do you have knowledge of SystmOne?
- Do you have experience within the NHS?
- Do you hold an NHS Smart Card?
- Does your experience match the specifications stated with immediate availability?
My NHS client are currently seeking a Receptionist to join their Doctors Surgery based in Witham, Essex on a temporary ongoing basis. If you have gained similar experience and are seeking a new opportunity - I would love the opportunity to speak with you!
Job Type: Temporary
Duration: This is a temporary ongoing role with no end date specified at this stage
Location: Witham, Essex
Pay Rates: £8.50 PAYE per hour OR £10.00 Umbrella per hour but maybe higher depending on skill and experience
Working days and hours: Shift Work
Parking: Free Parking on site
Doctors Surgery Hours;
- Monday: 8am – 6.30pm
- Tuesday: 8am – 7.30pm
- Wednesday: 8am – 6.30pm
- Thursday: 8am – 7.30pm
- Friday: 8am – 6.30pm
My client would ideally like you to be flexible to work between these hours. As an example, Monday shifts could be 8.00am – 4.00pm, (phone number removed)pm, (phone number removed)pm, (phone number removed)pm, (phone number removed), 10.30am to 6.30pm
It would be an advantange if you have Healthcare Admin or Receptionist experience. Our client would ideally like someone who has SystmOne and a Smart Card but this is not essential.
- Completing patient referrals
- Reception duties such as greeting and looking after visitors and confirming appointments
- Keeping computer records up to date filing using office equipment such as printers, photocopiers and fax machines
- Answering enquiries in person, by phone and email
- Using Systm One to make and confirm patient appointments
- Arranging and confirming appointments using Systm One
- Registering patients on Systm One
- Updating patients details on Systm One
- Scanning patient and medical documents
Person Specification – Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of Systm One is desirable – Training will be given.
- Previous experience within a healthcare setting
- NHS Smart Card is desirable but not essential
- Happy and positive attitude
- Confident phone matter
- Knowledge of Microsoft Packages