Construction Buyer - Leeds - Permanent
Our client is an innovative construction contractor who deliver a range of schemes from homes to schools and residential care facilities.
Due to continued success and ambitious growth plans we are eager to speak with experienced Buyers to join the commercial team.
Responsibilities and Role
* Negotiate with suppliers and building strong robust, long term relationships
* Support the site teams by ensuring materials are provided to the specification and programme for the project and contingencies in place where over runs occur
* Preparing budgets & reporting monthly on costs, overruns, & predicted increases
* Experience of working construction or housing experience
* Knowledge of Construction process
* The ability to prioritise tasks and manage your time to meet deadlines whilst being well organised, resilient and motivated
* Produce, understand and maintain procurement schedules, raising Purchase Orders as and where required
* Excellent, communication, relationship building and negotiation skills
* Thrives working in a fast paced environment
* Excellent time management skills, working to tight deadlines
* Strong communication skills
* Team player
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.