Role: Trainee Tax Advisor
Salary: £17,000 - £18,000
The Optionis Group is one of the UK’s most successful professional services companies, and we are looking for a Trainee Tax Advisor to join our growing team.
Through our brands, we specialise in managing tax, employment, accountancy and legislative compliance for the UK’s small businesses and contingent workforce – our solutions are market leading, and we’re always looking out for the best possible employees.
As a Trainee Tax Advisor, you will primarily be responsible for providing advice and guidance to clients on personal taxation matters. So, if you’re looking to build a career within the tax industry and have a genuine willingness to learn and progress within this sector, then we want to hear from you.
The key responsibilities for the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing with PAYE and personal tax compliance matters.
- Preparation of P11D forms.
- Completion of basic and some more complex (e.g. domicile) Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Advising clients on basic personal taxation matters.
- Dealing with telephone and email queries from clients.
- Reviewing tax codes and other HMRC notices.
- Dealing with HMRC and other third parties by telephone and correspondence.
- Liaising with clients and internal teams.
- Data entry and updating systems.
- Performing bank reconciliations and receipt breakdowns.
- Calculating tax rebates and liabilities for clients under the Construction Industry Scheme.
- Delivering a consistently high level of customer service.
- Delivering consistently accurate work.
- Mentoring and training more junior team members.
- A genuine desire to build a career within the tax industry.
- A desire to progress towards obtaining tax qualifications (AAT and/or ATT).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work to targets and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- A positive 'can do’ attitude.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Experience working in an Accountancy Practice or a Financial environment.