Carousel Logistics have an exciting opportunity for a Driver to join their growing team based in Coventry.
Job Title: Driver (Class 1 and 18 tonne)
Carousel Logistics is moving at pace – since 2013 we have trebled our headcount, completed three acquisitions and expanded across Europe. We’re a team that genuinely gets a buzz from providing exceptional service solutions for situations where performance really matters. Driven to innovate, we’re not happy settling for the status quo and we happily accept change as our constant. We’re aiming to be industry leaders and that’s why our values underpin everything we do – agility, bravery, commitment and care.
On behalf of the Company, in your role, you are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of your vehicle and the safe carriage of any load whilst in your possession. You are expected to complete any work assigned to you by the Transport/ Operations Office, ensuring you meet with any booking times.
Driver - Key Responsibilities:
- To communicate effectively with the Transport/ Operations Office including reporting any delays and or problems whilst carrying out your days work immediately
- To communicate effectively and professionally with one another and with customers/clients
- Complete daily vehicle checks for vehicle roadworthiness, before you begin your day’s work
- Carry out your days work to the best of your ability at all times, representing the Company to the General Public and to clients in the best possible regard.
- Abide with the Highway Code; always drive in a courteous, professional manner.
Driver - Requirements:
- Have a full valid class 1 or class 2HGV licence and have a DCQ
- Have digital tacho experience. Experience of using a Digi-tacho including the input of manual entries
- Valid CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence)
- There may be a requirement to help with loading and unloading vehicles, therefore a certain level of physical fitness is required
Driver - You:
- You are expected to operate within the law at all times, being courteous to customers and other road users
- The job is one of high demand, particularly at certain times of the year, and a flexible approach to both workload, hours of work and overtime is essential & part of the job
- The ability to keep calm and self-controlled under pressure and keep difficulties in perspective
- The ability to react positively and flexibly to the changing needs in the overall working environment and individual role
- A positive and receptive attitude to personal development and the achievement of personal targets
Driver – Values:
- Agility: we deliver at pace and innovate to improve, all the while keeping things simple
- Bravery: we do what’s best – even when it’s not easy
- Care: we treat one another, our clients and our surroundings with the respect they deserve
- Commitment: we treat one another, our clients and our surroundings with the respect they deserve
To submit your CV for this exciting Driver opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!