Barker Ross is working with a Primary School based in Slough to fill a cleaner vacancy, starting immediately. Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
This role is a permanent positions.
Hours of work:
The roles will vary, but typically the hours of work will be:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Cleaners are required to undertake the following duties as directed by the Supervising Officer, using the prescribed methods and frequencies in line with the requirements of the cleaning specification.
1. Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
2. Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
3. Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
4. Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
5. Using electrically powered scrubbing and polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish and spray clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training).
7. To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
7. To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required within the contract.
8. To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
9. The use of chemical agents as directed by the Supervising Officer in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
10. To undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning maintenance programmes.
11. To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
Please call Barker Ross for more info on (phone number removed)