Office Depot has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the team based in Milton Keynes. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
We are Office Depot. We operate in thirteen countries through our main two brands Office Depot and Viking. We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better- whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything our customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture and school essentials.
Benefits of joining us:
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Free car parking in the centre of Milton Keynes
- Pension scheme
- Excellent onsite facilities and an exceptional work environment
About the role:
As our Project Manager, you will be required to plan, organise and manage resources and budgets in order to successfully deliver projects in line with business expectations.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Project Manager:
- Identify and analyse business needs, stakeholders and linkages to other projects and define project scope and objectives.
- Formulate the project plan, determine budget and required resources, clarify role and involvement level of team members and acquire approval and acceptance.
- Define scope and activities of projects, ensure execution and manage uncertainties and expectations of a varied group of stakeholders.
- Deliver planned project objectives within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Participate in tactical projects and manage operational projects regarding the own area of expertise, e.g. systems, process improvement.
- Coordinate, monitor and drive project activities, manage project risks and resources and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Evaluate and close project, identify and analyse lessons learned, archive project documents and hand over project to customer and/or line management.
- Build, maintain and utilize a formal governance structure of in- and external stakeholders and partners and represent the project within the organization.
- Provide insights and recommendations regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses.
- Attract, (functionally) lead and coach (the cooperation between) employees.
- Negotiate with internal and/or external parties, acquire approval and/or close contracts and monitor compliance with contracts and SLA’s.
- Continually encourage project participants to seek ways to enhance business benefits and to exceed planned project outcomes.
- Manages the relation with one or more (groups of) stakeholders on operational and tactical level.
Skills and experience required to be our Project Manager:
- Significant project management experience.
- Experience delivering projects within the ecommerce / IT landscape would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with working in a complex business environment across European/ Global countries.
- Ability to work independently and take accountability for delivery of projects.
- Track record of working on complex projects with budgets ranging from €0.5m - €5m.
- Formal Project Management Qualification (ideally PRINCE2 or Association for Project Management); Six Sigma or equivalent desirable.
- Evidence of applying Waterfall and Agile methodology in project delivery.
- Disciplined, highly organized and results driven.
- Commercially aware with a strong customer focus.
- Confident and trustworthy, high integrity.
- Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package based on skill set and experience and the opportunity to develop your career in a fast moving, challenging and rewarding environment.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Project Manager and would like to find out more information about the role, please click ‘Apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!