The main purpose of the role:
To respond to customer enquiries at the Civic Centre reception counter or on the phone, as part of a Customer Service Team, in accordance with both corporate and internal customer service standards and procedures. To undertake administrative tasks to ensure customers receive resolution within expected timeframes
To assess/re-assess claims for Housing and Council Tax Benefit (HB) including the processing of changes in circumstances. (COC's) and overpayments arising.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
1. To respond to customer enquiries at the Housing and Benefits reception counter and those received by phone in accordance with Corporate and internal customer service standards and following internal procedures manual and using various IT recording systems.
2. When responding to customer enquiries at the counter or on the phone, to undertake Housing Needs/Advice and Welfare benefit take up diagnostic process checks in accordance with internal Welfare take up procedures.
3. To undertake all of the tasks involved in carrying out the duties set out above in respect of all new claims whilst fully utilising the Customer Relations Management (CRM) system functionality.
4. When responding to customer enquiries to record these fully and accurately on the Academy HB IT systems following internal procedures.
5. To undertake. all of the activities and processes involved in document management, verification and pre-assessment of HB/CTAX claims, changes and reviews to VF standards.
6. To undertake all of the activities and processes involved in the completion of assessment, re assessment, changes, reviews, notification and payment of HB/CTAX claims, to VF standards.
7. To undertake all of the activities and processes involvE1d in the document management and determination of overpayments arising from changes.
8. To undertake all the tasks set out above whilst fully utilising the various modules of the (Academy) HB IT systems functionality.
9. To undertake all the processes above in accordance with internal procedures manual (the 'Procedures Manual').
10. To undertake welfare benefit, take up work and welfare· diagnostic process checks in accordance with internal take up procedures.
Working as part of a team.
Working in a customer service environment.
Of using computers (Word, Excel, database systems or equivalent). ·
Of dealing with people in sensitive situations; both face to face and via telephone.
Working in a housing or housing benefit team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Able to process HB claims and changes of circumstances.
Pleasant and confident manner when dealing with people/customers.
Good verbal and telephone communication skills.
Responsible and self-motivated.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to assimilate complex data.
Good general level of keyboard skills.
Please apply below.