Teaching Assistants needed West Sussex
Do you have a passion to help and support children within a classroom environment?
School Support Staff is one of the fastest growing sectors in education and with an ever growing demand Supply Desk is keen to recruit experienced and passionate Teaching Assistants (TA) and Learning Support Assistants (LSA) for short and long term positions in our client Primary Schools in and around Crawley, Horsham and Haywards Heath. Supply Desk would welcome applications from individuals with a passion to improve outcomes for children with a range of needs and abilities and a good understanding of supporting teaching and learning in a classroom environment. There are opportunities available across Early Years (EYFS) and both Key Stages 1 (KS1) and 2 (KS2).
As a Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant (TA)/Learning Support Assistant (LSA) you will work with a range of ages across all Key Stages and your duties will depend on the age of the children and their individual needs, but may include:
– Working inside or outside the classroom with a specific pupils to deliver intervention
– Managing class behaviour to ensure learning levels remain consistent
– Adapting support according to needs of the pupils working with
– Looking after children’s physical, social and emotional welfare
– Creating a stimulating and engaging environment
The Ideal Candidate
– Teaching Assistant Level 2 / 3 Qualification (Desirable but not essential)
– A good level of education
– Experience supporting teaching and learning in a UK Schools
– Committed to nurturing the development of every child within an inclusive environment
– An outstanding role model to teaching and learning
– Values the importance of teamwork and operates with flexibility
– Is creative and passionate
– Sympathetic to the aims and ethos of the School
In Return we can offer
-Continued Professional Development
– Regular Networking Events
If you are interested in this role please call Ryan on (phone number removed) or email your CV to . Visit for a full list of all our current Teaching and Intervention roles.