Trainee Kitchen Sales Designer
Harvey Jones Kitchens has an incredibly exciting opportunity for a Trainee Sales Designer to join our Worcester Showroom.
We know exactly what it takes to build luxury, bespoke, handmade furniture that clients are proud to use and have in their homes. Our stunning kitchens are built to last and each design can be customised and personalised to clients’ exact needs and tastes.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Sales Designers in the showroom by fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of a Showroom Administration Manager, while also being fully trained in the sales process with the opportunity to convert leads as supplied at the discretion of the Regional Sales Manager. To play a part in improving the volume and consistency of sales conversion for the showroom in order to enable progression into the Sales Designer role.
Full training will be provided in both areas of the role (admin and sales). KPIs and targets will be set by the Regional Sales Manager in accordance with company standards and the specific opportunity available to the Trainee Sales Designer.
We are looking for an articulate, professional, confident individual who has clear ambition to move into the Sales Designer role but who does not yet have the experience required. Must be computer literate with strong attention to detail and willing to support colleagues to be successful while motivated to achieve their own success. The need to balance responsibilities and time across their own and their colleagues’ requirements means that they must be a team player who understands long term goals as well as short term results. Flexibility, exceptional time management and a willingness to be given continuous feedback for improvement are also essential, as is the ability to work under pressure and without constant direct supervision.
The opportunity to progress to the Sales Designer role will be dependent upon the in both elements of the role (admin and sales), the requirements of the showroom and wider business, and the availability of Sales Designers vacancies in suitable locations.
Licence/Own Car is essential.
Priority will be given to the following administrative duties in order that the Sales Designer in the showroom receives an appropriate level of support to meet their KPIs in the same manner as they would if a Showroom Administration Manager were employed in that showroom.
- Facilitating the smooth running of the showroom and provide guidance and administrative assistance to the Sales Designers.
- Monitoring the progress on all delivered jobs and assist the Sales Designers with organising any remedial work.
- Managing all customer requests for warranty work in conjunction with the regional Installation Supervisor.
- Ensuring that the Regional Sales Manager is made aware of any unnecessary delays, non- conformances or customer complaints.
- Providing cover in absence of Sales Designers.
- Monitoring & re-order stationery and brochures.
- Manage the cleaning and maintenance of the showroom.
- Ensure showroom displays are tidy and operational.
- Co-ordinate holiday requests.
- Ensuring all head office reports are submitted as required.
The Trainee Sales Designer will also be given the opportunity to provide sales cover. At the discretion of the Regional Sales Manager, this may include any of the following situations:
- Where the Sales Designer is on rota/holiday, on site or in meetings.
- Where the Sales Designer is unable to carry out the required outbound sales activity (web-leads/appt requests)
- Where another local showroom is unable to fully service its leads
- Any other situation as authorised by management
In providing sales cover, duties will include:
- Responding to brochure requests and telephone enquiries and converting potential clients into a showroom visit to view their beautiful rage of kitchens.
- Welcoming potential clients into the showroom and taking them through the range of beautiful products on offer and converting their interest to a design appointment.
- Managing and following up on new and existing leads to ascertain potential interest and nurture clients buying interest and overcoming any reservations.
- Designing kitchens using Auto CAD (full training will be given)
- To oversee your clients project through to completion, and offer on-going support and advise whilst managing expectations.
- Meeting personal KPI’s and revenue targets.
- Converting clients’ interest into a sale using influencing and negotiating skills.
- Liaising with external and internal departments to instruct build and installation
The company will provide all the training you need to be successful and continuously develop you within your role. In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
Competitive basic salary
Uncapped commission structure
Regional team outings
Access to free ongoing development courses
Got what it takes? Click to apply!