HGV CE Drivers
Essex Bulk Services have some exciting opportunities for HGV CE Drivers to join their growing team based in Meriden.
Job Title: HGV CE Drivers - Nights
Salary: £(phone number removed) + Bonuses + Pension
Contract: This is a Night only position.
Essex Bulk Services has over 10 years’ experience in the haulage industry. We offer a comprehensive range of distribution services and pride ourselves in providing a high quality HGV haulage transportation and distribution service with experienced drivers and an excellent customer feedback record. We work in the bulk sector delivering out of powder tankers and 30bib containers.
The main purpose of the HGV CE Drivers is to ensure that services are carried out to exceed customer expectations by demonstrating the behaviours of our core values daily. Drivers are required to lead appropriately by carrying out duties with the upmost professionalism.
HGV CE Drivers - Key Responsibilities:
- Customer service and quality – Customer service is at the heart of our business. We are proud of our commitment to our accreditations. Drivers will be responsible for advocating a willingness and agility to change
- Vehicle Safety & Maintenance – Ensuring that thorough daily vehicle checks are carried out at the beginning and end of each day to ensure the safe use of vehicles and reduce the speed of wear and tear through proper vehicle maintenance. Daily defect sheets are to be completed and handed in at the end of your shift, weekly job sheets are also to be completed and handed in. If issues are identified, advice should be sought from the Transport Manager before you drive the vehicle
- Vehicle cleanliness – vehicles must be cleaned and tidied inside and out every day to maintain our reputation and image. This will ensure that jobs are completed thoroughly
- Job instructions – job sheets will be handed to you for completion, this will have all the specific instructions about the job – we use a PDA system which will inform you of all details. Please review this paperwork before leaving the yard if applicable, and make sure all materials are needed for the job required. If there is any questions or discrepancies, these need to be addressed to the General or Transport Manager
- Transporting goods – drivers are required to make sure the items load onto the vehicles correctly. You are responsible for loading the vehicle and safely avoid accidental injury by securing and protecting the load by appropriate means of restraint to transport the goods safely
- Training & Development – all employees at all levels and professions of the company are encouraged and expected to adopt a proactive attitude to their personal and professional development. The company will endeavour, where the business requires and necessitates, supporting employees in their training and development. This includes Drivers CPC training and Driving Hours Regulations, WTD, including the lawful use of both Analogue and Digital Tachographs
- Health & Safety – this is a broad subject, all training is provided to the crew in relation to risk assessments, fire safety, first aid, manual handling and the correct use of equipment and machinery where appropriate. This is refreshed each year to make sure employees are updated on the latest procedures and legislation. All employees are required to adhere to the company’s health and safety policy and statement, this includes reporting any near miss accidents and vulnerable situations immediately
- Driving Licence – drivers must ensure that all associated driving accreditations, memberships and licences are renewed on time and evidence of this is provided to the company when requested. Assistance will be provided in reminding drivers in advance of approaching renewals and expiries and booking of medicals etc. but it is deemed the drivers responsibility. The company will conduct a licence check once every 6 months, all point’s fines and endorsements incurred during employment must be reported to the Transport Manager immediately
- Vehicle Accident & Procedures – drivers are responsible for ensuring that vehicle accidents and breakdowns are dealt with as per the company manual and handbook
- Paperwork & Documentation – this needs to be completed accurately, fully and on time
Our yard has full facilities including wash room and driver’s room with kitchen.
Full training is provided so no experience needed, however full class CE licence is required and valid CPC card.
To submit your CV for one of these exciting HGV CE Drivers opportunities, please click ‘Apply’ now!