Our client is looking for a Audio TYpist to assist in a busy healthcare department
NHS Audio Typist / Administrator
Location: Kingswood, Avon
Job Type: Temporary, 1 Month
Pay rate: £11.00 umbrella per hour or £9.00 paye per hour
Days and hours per week: Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 5.00pm & Friday 8:30am - 16:30pm
Daily duties will include:
- To assist the Senior Medical Secretary/Clinical Team with the weekly intake of referrals when requested, into the Department. Ensuring appropriately logged and monitored.
- Organise the admission of patients/add patients to waiting lists at the direction of medical staff and make necessary outpatient appointments.
- On request, to organise Interpreting Service prior to patients/carers appointments
- To deal efficiently and effectively with enquiries from patient/carers and professionals recognising and highlighting urgent issues to the clinicians/more senior members of staff
- Attendance/participation at staff meetings
- Ensure that all clerical activity is recorded accurately for activity purposes in a timely manner
- To compile statistical information when required.
- To effectively deal with Professionals incoming mail.
- Ensure effective diary systems are in place /updated and maintained
- To be responsible for recording clinic outcomes, patient follow up appointments on IAPTUS.
- To welcome patients/visitors into the Department when necessary.
- To be an effective team member knowing when to raise any concerns or queries to the attention of Senior Medical Secretary/Line Manager/Professional.
- To understand and maintain a high standard of confidentiality adhering to the Trust Data Protection policy.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to grade and needs of the department as agreed between the postholder and the line manager