*** Permanent School Administrator ***
*** Southwark ***
*** ASAP Start ***
An outstanding SEN school in Southwark is recruiting a School Administrator to start ASAP or in September 2019. This is a full time permanent post. Working hours will be 8am – 5pm.
This specialist provision caters for children in KS1 through to KS4. Pupils have a range of complex needs, including SEMH, or have suffered trauma or toxic stress. To support students’ academic success and well-being, they offer a positive learning environment and a balanced curriculum. The successful applicant will be based at the schools KS2/3 site.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Management of the reception area and administrative duties
* Receiving and making phone calls, inbox management, management of visitors, filing
* First point of contact for all visitors and families
* Filtering all communication to the relevant parties
* Input of data and maintenance of logs
* Confidential administrative support to SLT / management of SLT diaries
* Attend meetings and take minutes if needed
* Accurate recording of financial transactions
* Management of all incoming and outgoing post/deliveries
* Manage pupil’s medication
* Utter discretion
* Very strong people skills and communication
* Attention to detail
* Very strong English, Mathematics and IT knowledge
* Graduate with minimum 2:1 degree
* Experience of providing confidential administrative support within a busy environment, preferably an educational setting
* Ability to think strategically
* Excellent IT Skills – in particular Word, Excel, SIMS
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent organisation skills and experience of using, maintaining and developing administrative systems
* Think creatively to anticipate and solve problems
* To understand the need for confidentiality and data protection in line with GDPR
* Understanding of safeguarding
The school is near a tube station and is also accessible by a number of popular bus routes.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
* All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
* You must have legal right to work in the UK
* You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'