Principal Civil Engineer - Airports
Principal Civil Engineer
Permanent – £55,000 to £65,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Great opportunity available to join an award winning, industry recognised consultancy on a permanent basis. We are seeking an ambitious Chartered Principal Civil Engineer to work on Airport Infrastructure Projects on a permanent basis. If you are looking to join a company who offer genuine progression and development opportunities, then look no further as this could be the perfect next step in your career!
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a design team to ensure delivery of all specified project outcomes are on time, within budget and to the client specifications. Ensuring good relationships are maintained with all external parties is vital to enhance the reputation of the company! You wil also be required to provide advice and guidance to staff and assist with professional development.
Key Accountabilities –
* Develop effective concept design solutions that are consistent with the project brief
* Undertake a wide range of design work on all aspects of the functions design and maintenance
* Implement effective, value for money and innovative design solutions to meet technical and project requirements
* Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief Progress projects through preliminary and detailed design with particular emphasis on client requirements and innovation
* Liaise with clients and ensure their requirements are effectively communicated to the team
* Advise on procedural requirements – Building Control, EA PPGs, Planning Applications
* Prepare and check engineering designs, calculations, and oversee drawing production
* Prepare and check technical documents and reports and assist in the preparation of expressions of interest and tenders
* Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
* Supervise team members including all engineers, senior engineers, senior technicians and assistant and graduate engineers
And many more…
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes –
* Chartered Engineer (CEng / IEng through CIBSE, Inst Energy) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements
* Computer literate and conversant with HEVACOMP and relevant engineering software packages
* Be able to interpret thermal CFD modelling programmes such as TASS/IES and give direction regarding the approach to CFD modelling
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD for production of both GAs and schematics in conjunction with CAD team
* Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
* Significant post-qualification experience in HVAC systems in buildings/infrastructure
* Experience of statutory processes - Building Control, EA PPGs, Planning Applications
* Thorough knowledge / experience of CIBSE Design Guides and thorough knowledge / experience of relevant British Standards
* Experience and ability to detail HVAC engineering specifications such as NBS and to create associated performance schedules
In return the company will offer you a competitive salary and juicy benefits such as pension, generous holiday entitlement and life assurance. Please apply with a copy of your CV or get in touch on (phone number removed) and reference ‘Principal Civil Engineer– Redhill’ for further information on the role and package available.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at (url removed)/non-discrimination-policy