SHE Manager - Central Technical
SHE Manager – Central Technical
Up to £60,000 Basic + Company Car/Allowance + 20% Bonus + Private Healthcare
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh foods market, specialising in developing private label products for top global grocery retailers and well known international foodservice operators.
In the UK, our customers include some of the UKs best known grocery retailers including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s, who sell our products to consumers under their respective retail brands.
Working at part of the Central Technical team this role is pivotal in providing health, safety and environmental legality to the Bakkavor manufacturing sites in the UK. The ideal candidate will advise the senior management team on safety issues to ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and the safeguarding of employees. You will work on environmental strategies for the short, medium & long term championing improvements in site standards and driving industry best practices.
* Develop & maintain procedures and schedules to monitor Bakkavor manufacturing sites compliance with relevant internal and external health, safety and environmental standards
* Collate and review all internal & external audit reports of Bakkavor manufacturing sites to summarise areas of non-conformance and identify any cross site trends
* Develop and compile a monthly report for monitoring internal and regulator/third party audit compliance across the group
* Develop and maintain a SHE Management System which documents due diligence activities of the Central SHE team
* Develop and deliver a programme of SHE training courses for the Group under guidance from the SHE Action Team and Manufacturing Forum
Required Skills & Experience:
* Degree or equivalent in SHE or related compliance management
* Previous experience within a similar SHE related role in a FMCG environment
* NEBOSH for Health, Safety & Environment
* Computer Literate in all Microsoft packages
* Salary up to £60,000
* 20% Bonus Scheme
* Company Car / Car Allowance
* Private Healthcare (Employee & Family)
* 25 days holiday
* Access to MyRewards (Company scheme offering local and national benefits & discounts)
* Group Pension (including employer contributions)
* First class training, fast moving environment & excellent career progression prospects