Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: Customer Service Advisor
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hour per week – 9 to 5 Monday to Friday
Salary: £19,000 per annum
About the role:
You will liaise with NHS Supply Chain customers over a range of queries in to ensure customer satisfaction and a high quality service is maintained at all times.
- Receive and record - in a correct and precise manner, onto the system - internal and external enquiries.
- Ensure that all enquiries and problems are answered promptly, investigated and resolved, within the Customer Service guidelines and Standing Financial Instructions.
- Identify customers' unsatisfied lines and action in accordance with individual customer requirements.
- Make decisions on and process customer requests for direct issues, special picks and emergencies, liaising with all associated departments.
- Liaise with customers and manage return requests, making decisions on the timescale, value, suitability and possible reallocation of the same, within Customer Service guidelines.
- Investigate missing orders and where necessary authorise customer ‘credits’ or ‘declines’ within a given limit.
- Develop the relationship and lines of communication between the Organisation and customers.
- Advise customers of suitable alternative products and place orders where necessary on their behalf.
- Support Inventory in managing all stock levels by targeting and contacting potential customers.
- Ascertain likely stock requirements from new customers, and changing needs for existing customers, to ensure product availability.
- Deal with and resolve customer complaints relating to products unfit for purpose and / or within warranty periods, liaising with all associated departments and organisations.
- Promote products and services to existing customers and end users.
- Act as a point of contact between internal departments and customers, ensuring information is disseminated to both.
- Update and manage the customer profiles on the call management system.
- Proactively manage and liaise with customers regarding potential detrimental changes to normal service.
- To maintain BS EN ISO 9002 / ISO 14001 standards in all activities.
- Assist in maintaining own and other’s Health, Safety and Security. Contribute to own personal development.
- Ensure own actions support equality, diversity and rights.
- Other duties within the general scope of the post and appropriate to the grading as may be required from time to time.
- You must be comfortable picking up the phone to customers and have excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills.
- You will be computer literate and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines in an office environment.
- We expect a flexible approach and attitude along with strong team-working skills.
- You will have a self-motivated, positive, and ‘can do’ attitude along with energy, enthusiasm, and commitment.
You may have experience of the following: Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Executive, Customer Service Officer, Customer Service Representative, Contact Centre Operative, Customer Service Agent, Call Centre Operative, Customer Support, Client Support, etc