UniTrust is looking for a highly motivated Security Officer to join our security team working at a new prestigious/flagship building in central Hammersmith. In return, you will receive £11.00 per hour plus excellent benefits.
UniTrust is a people focused, privately owned award-winning Company based in central London. A career with us means joining a Company that is growing and is in the top 5% of all SIA security providers within the UK.
The Security Officer role
Your primary role will be to ensure the security of people, premises and property, protecting the reputation of the client/tenants throughout. You will support the delivery of a truly exceptional customer journey for both staff and visitors. To achieve this, you will be/become well versed in the processes and practices of a Security professional. Excellence in customer service will be at the heart of the role. You will be part of a well drilled security operation.
Hours: 3 days, 3 nights, 3 off ( 56 hours per week average)
What will you be doing?
- Welcome and assist staff, clients, tenants and visitors to the premises in a warm and courteous fashion maintaining excellence as a standard throughout the customer journey
- Ensuring that no unauthorised persons are permitted in prohibited areas
- Check identity and credentials of staff, contractors and visitors where required
- Work with all colleagues to ensure the integrity of security on the site
- Early identification and mitigation of any threats to persons, premises or property, escalating where appropriate to do so
- Rotation on different posts
- Have an outstanding knowledge of the premises (inside and external) and able to assist staff, clients, tenants and visitors with their queries
- Direct all deliveries as required (to the Loading Bay)
- Respond to alarms
- Key Control
- Record details of any suspected criminal activity on the premises (internal and external); commencing investigative procedures prior to onward reporting where necessary.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all staff, visitors, tenants, service providers and clients
Have good knowledge of the local area to be able to answer queries regarding local transport links or services in the area for example.
What we are looking for….
- Excellent oral, written communication skills, interpersonal skills and confidence
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Reliable, trustworthy and punctual
- Resilient and calm under pressure with the ability to multi-task and prioritise to help solve problems and overcome challenges
- Self-confidence and an interest in self-development.
- Physically able to conduct all responsibilities associated with the roles documented
- Ability to work to instruction and on your own initiative where required
- Computer literate and confident with the use of Microsoft Office programmes
- Demonstrate an awareness of security threats which remain relevant and up to date in the context of the current environment
- Flexibility in regard to working practices, hours and responsibilities.
- Either a current and valid SIA (DS as a minimum) license OR with a view to obtaining an SIA licence if not already held
- Enhanced communication, listening and customer service skills or the ability to train, obtain, retain and develop further in this field.
- First Aid at work or the ability to train and retain this qualification
- Operation of CCTV/access control communications in an appropriate manner
What’s in it for you?
In return as our Security Officer we offering the below salary and benefits:
- Annual salary circa: £32,000 per annum
- Working Hours: 56 avg, Rolling roster, days, nights & weekends
- Excellent benefits such as (non-exhaustive): Company Sick Pay, Life Assurance, Personal Accident Cover, Reward and Recognition Schemes
- Career progression and training
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Holiday Entitlement
- Employee Portal, easy access to Payslips, Company Policies and Procedures,
- Diverse and Inclusive working environment
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our team as a Security Officer, click ‘Apply’ now!
UniTrust is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applicants from suitably qualified persons regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity