BlairWest are supporting a multi-award winning business headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne with the recruitment of a Management Accountant.
In what is a newly created role, the successful candidate will support the Financial Controller to ensure that the financial performance of the business is managed and reported accurately. We are looking to hear from forward thinking Accountants who enjoy working in high growth businesses and can demonstrate commercial acumen.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who are fully qualified, or actively studying for a formal ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
Responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts (including divisional) and supporting financial information
- Evaluate, analyse and advise on key business areas
- Building relationships to ensure KPIs / operational elements are efficiently managed
- Identifying commercial opportunities to improve margins and reduce costs across the business
- Sales and margin analysis
- Preparation of financial forecasts and reports highlighting key trends and business performance
- Assisting with annual budget setting and monitoring
- Cash flow forecasting – working closely with accounts payable / receivable teams to manage flow of income / expenditure
- Business partnering with other heads of departments to ensure the business make commercial decisions
- Completion of the daily bank reconciliations for each of the business' bank accounts
- Identify financial control and system upgrades where necessary
- Create insight and trend reports that highlight to the business any risks or opportunities
- Supporting with year-end processes
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Full or Part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Proven track record in delivery of accurate and on time monthly management accounts
- Experience of business partnering at Senior Management / Director level
- Proven analytical skills coupled with commercial acumen
- Excel, financial software packages and job management systems
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret large quantities of data