Internal Sales Representative
£18,000 - £19,000pa
28 days holiday (including statutory) + quarterly bonus scheme + entitlement to discounts on various products + extensive opportunities for career development
This thriving Cotswold-based business has gone from strength to strength in recent years and due to continued growth, is currently seeking an Internal Sales Representative to join their team.
This is a permanent, full time position.
You will be responsible for serving and advising customers, dealing with incoming calls and keeping abreast of stock levels in a well maintained shop. Your key tasks are listed below.
· Quoting and selling all light side items including Plumbing & Heating goods
· To ensure that customers are served quickly and efficiently on the trade counter or over the telephone
· To ensure that the stock levels are maintained in your allocated areas and advise when other stock is low
· General housekeeping and making sure shelves are well stocked and tidy
· To take in deliveries from suppliers, check them and either put them away or release for delivery
· To help load /unload transport
· To pass on any information to your manager or assistant manager which could increase sales , i.e. sales leads or new stock lines
· Maintain profit margins
· To do PPI counts when requested and help with booking in stock
· To work together as a team to achieve these tasks both with people in your department and the rest of the company
· To comply with health and safety regulations
· Follow the correct procedures of the IT /Financial procedures and system
· Merchandising of the Branch when required
· Monthly sales promotions
· Marketing ideas to help upsell goods (including impulse buys at POS)
Ideally, a confident and personable individual with a good sense of humour who is conscientious and self-motivated is sought. Strong and effective communication skills are also required as the role will involve a lot of liaison with colleagues and customers.
You must also be practically-minded with some face to face counter sales experience.
A plumbing, heating, electricians or construction industry, builders merchants background would be useful however somebody from a retail background who is willing to learn would also be ideal.
IT literacy with some experience of having previously used a customer database system is required.
Hours of work:
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Every other Saturday 8am – 12 midday
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and prestigious company that has worked with high profile clients, including celebrity homes in the Cotswolds and further afield.