Do you have an interest in high-spec projects? Would you like to work closer to home?
The Client: Kent based main contractor who specialise in both new build & refurbishment works completed to a high spec. Project consist of offices, residential and retail ranging from £1 - £20 million throughout London & South East. Established over 40 years ago, this contractor have grown steadily & now have a current turnover of £60mil but the ‘family-run’ feel still remains.
Position: Permanent opportunity for experienced Design Manager reporting to the Director. You will initially be responsible for both live & tender cut & carve projects in London. Your duties will include:
* Chair regular design team meeting
* Managing consultant design team
* Liaise / Meet with client, architect and consultants
* Feasibility & value engineering
* Working with pre-construction team on tenders
* Ensuring programme deadlines are met
* Review of construction design information for buildability, budget and complaint with regulations and client requirements
* Resolve design issues in a timely manager
* Managing specialist sub-contractors
* Previous experience as a Design Manager working for a main contractor
* Cut & carve experience is ideal
* Work well under pressure
* Ability to work well in a large team
* Fantastic communication skills
What you will get in return -
* Basic Salary up to £70,000
* Car Allowance or company car
* Excellent Pension contribution
* Private healthcare
* Holiday pay
* Internal Progression and training
* Good work life balance
What to do next
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Lauren on (phone number removed) for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.