I am seeking to recruit a strong production leader with a passion for and proven track record in improving efficiency.
Seen very much as an integral part of the management team, you will be working with a long-established manufacturing business in the Coventry area, this is an opportunity to implement your knowledge into a traditionally family run business that needs to implement more robust processes to drive efficiency improvement, drive down waste and improve overall capability leading to improved customer delivery and ultimately profitability.
Responsible for managing the day to day production, you will influence all aspects of this busy manufacturing facility to identify and implement improvements where required. This would involve planning, quality, logistics and inventory control functions. This is a hands-on role leading and directing the team to drive forward improvements in efficiencies, yield, productivity and manufacturing costs.
- Manage operational resources effectively to meet the business plan.
- Work closely with MD and management team to drive forward improvements across all areas of responsibility.
- Drive and support manufacturing improvement projects (e.g. yield, process improvement, downtime reduction etc) throughout the factory.
- Improve manufacturing systems through hands-on leadership to further develop data management & interpretation, plant efficiency and customer responsiveness.
- Drive and implement KPIs appropriate to the business and ensure they are used to manage factory performance.
- Provide guidance and support to subordinates to ensure product quality and service levels are maintained to the required levels.
- Set expectations for subordinates and provide performance feedback.
- Work to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- Co-ordinate and support training of manufacturing personnel.
- Be an effective member of the Management Team.
- Demonstrate commitment to company guidelines and policies.
- Where required represent the company externally with customers, suppliers and local/government authorities etc.
You will already be in a supervisory or management role with a proven ability to identify and implement improvements within a manufacturing environment (circa 3+ years Plant/Technical Supervisor/Leadership (or equivalent proven track record). Injection moulding knowledge would be an ideal but not essential.
- Very strong man management experience with the ability to negotiate and delegate to gain “buy in” to change. A positive people manager who leads from the front and is enthusiastic about building a strong manufacturing team.
- Knowledgeable in planning, process control and relevant lean manufacturing techniques that can be applied to a fast moving injection moulding operation with a wide product range.
- Demonstrable ability to drive efficiency and able to demonstrate successful implementation within SMEs.
- Effective and rigorous approach to problem solving with an analytical approach
- Able to multi-task and oversee a range of improvement projects
- Taking a holistic approach and capable of making effective decisions-challenge the status quo, adopting an improvement oriented approach
- Be a positive example of company principles
- Service driven and results-focused
- Strong and robust character with a strong work ethic, exhibits personal responsibility and takes ownership of tasks
- Hands-on and leads by example
- Clear communication (listening and expressing ideas)
- Observant and resourceful
- Strong team builder
- Continuous improvement mindset
This is a fantastic opportunity to make your mark in improving the fortunes of this long-standing business. Long term opportunity would likely to be promotion to senior management where you will influence on-going success