NHS 111 ANP/ECP/NP
NHS 111 ANP/ECP/NP
As part of the multi-disciplinary Clinical Assessment Service (CAS) team, the post holder will support
the IUC service in meeting the needs of service users safely; promoting self-care wherever appropriate
and providing high quality clinical consultation and advice.
Using clinical expertise, knowledge and skills to provide holistic assessment and high quality clinical advice, completing the episode of care where possible and facilitating onward referral where necessary to a range of primary and secondary care services within the wider urgent care system.
The Post Holder will be based in our Integrated Urgent Care Hub providing enhanced clinical assessment and diagnosis via telephone triage, to patients who have contacted the IUC service; They will also provide clinical advice and support to the IUC multi-disciplinary team, including Call Handlers, Nurses, and Paramedics. In addition to supporting the CAS, the Advanced Practitioner will also provide clinical support and advice to healthcare professionals within the community including ambulance clinicians, community nursing teams and allied health professionals and care home staff.
The post holder will use specialist knowledge and skills to deliver a safe and effective service.
Key areas and performance indicators:
* Manage patients from the first point of contact, often analysing highly complex facts and
* situations and is accountable for the total episode of care for patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed needs.
* Act as a role model, delivering advanced practice and promoting clinical effectiveness in care.
* Work closely with all members of the multidisciplinary team and will play an integral role in the operational/ strategic development of the service.
* Work autonomously in delivering independent assessment, clinical diagnosis, clinical decision making and planning of care and treatment, diagnosis, prescribing (where qualified to do so), health promotion.
* Promote and facilitate evidence based practice and clinical audit and research within the Trust.
* Work collaboratively with other health care professionals and disciplines and provide leadership and education to others and to maintain a culture of continuous professional development to achieve the highest standards of clinical services.
* The post holder is required to comply with, uphold and promote organisational policies and procedures.