Project Manager, Construction
Junior Project Manager, Mid-Kent, Competitive Salary
Our client, a successful and multi-faceted construction consultancy based in Kent is looking to recruit a Junior Project Manager within their Retail & Commercial division.
The right candidate will have/be:
* A qualified construction professional with a minimum of 3 years’ post-qualification experience working as as a Project Manager / Employer’s Agent managing Retail & Commercial construction projects
* A good knowledge of the development process from inception of the project through to the successful delivery of the construction phase
* Some exposure of managing and delivering small-medium sized construction projects
* A sound technical knowledge, possessing the core skills and knowledge expected of a junior project manager
* Able to demonstrate commitment, energy, drive and the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects / client accounts
* Able to demonstrate a good understanding and use of key PM management tools including; MS or similar Programming Systems and software, MS Word and Excel Project Progress Reporting and tracking, MS PowerPoint or similar Project Presentation systems and software or Risk Management processes
* A good knowledge of JCT and similar forms of building contracts
* Able to monitor project costs and take necessary steps to mitigate cost overspend risks
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
* Able to work to and meet agreed deadlines, plan accordingly and communicate any deviation to agreed dates in a timely manner
* Strong influencing and negotiating skills
* Able to work with clients at all levels and establish long-term relationships built on trust and confidence in delivery
* A demonstrated desire to succeed and increase knowledge and expertise
* Prepared to work as a team for the common good of the company
* Degree-level and ideally membership of a professional body eg. MRICS, MAPM, MCIOB or RIBA
If you are interested in this role, please click apply attaching you most up to date CV.
If you would like to find out more about the opportunity before sending in your CV, please feel free to call me for a confidential discussion on (phone number removed) or you can email me on.
Rob Pearson, Director, Pearson Whiffin Construction Recruitment is handling this role.