We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team on a full time, permanent basis. You will be working 35 hours per week and based at Gilwell Park, Chingford. In return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £35,354 per annum.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the role:
As a Project Manager you will support the delivery of programmes and projects. You will work?hand-in-hand?with the Senior Responsible Owners / Sponsors of the programmes / projects that you are assigned to and ensure that the programmes / projects are governed and managed effectively and in accordance with Scouts’ P3M framework. This role offers exposure to other teams across Scouts, as well as opportunities to work closely with volunteers.
What you will be doing as our Project Manager:
- Lead, develop and facilitate the scoping and design of programmes and projects
- Agree programme and project objectives and benefits and plans for delivering these
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop and maintain programme and project schedules and update progress
- Secure from line managers adequate resource allocation to programmes and projects
- Support Senior Responsible Owners and Sponsors with governance of programmes and projects
- Manage programme and project budgets
- Provide direction and support to project teams including external suppliers
- Manage effective stakeholder engagement
- Provide training and support to staff in other departments in implementing TSA’s programme and project management framework
What we can offer you as our Project Manager:
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays. This increases to 28 days after two years of service and 32 days after five years of service.
- Additional Holidays: We operate an office closure during the Christmas and New Year holiday period providing up to an additional 3 days of extra leave.
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free car parking
- Minibus service between Chingford mainline station and Gilwell Park
What we are looking for in our Project Manager:
- Delivery and results focused and to achieve these, are able to inspire and motivate others
- Enjoy the opportunity to work in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary environment, and the challenges, which this can bring
- Can work as part of a several different teams at the same time
- Able to build and maintain key relationships with both internal colleagues and external collaborators and suppliers
- Able to balance the sometimes-competing demands of all the stakeholders involved
- Identify and address opportunities and gaps are by applying your analytical skills
- A proven record of accomplishment in delivering and supporting projects
- A PRINCE2 or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential, as is experience of working in a charity or membership organisation
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now to become our Project Manager.
Salary: £35,354 per annum, Band F, Level 3
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Gilwell Park, Chingford, London
Closing date: 16th July 2019 at 23.59
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.