Shunter Driver – Long Marston
A vacancy has arisen for a Shunter Driver based at our Long Marston facility.
The purpose of the Shunter Driver is to ensure goods are transported in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with company procedures.
Key accountabilities of the Shunter Driver include:
- Day to day functions as requested and required by your line manager
- Transporting material internally around the site.
- Obtaining and controlling weighbridge tickets
- Having radio contact with Site Supervisors and weighbridge operator
- Ensure deliveries are made accurately and efficiently
- Ensuring security of goods carried are at the highest level
- Ensure compliance with all transport procedures throughout the operation
- Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in line with legislation
- To attend any relevant training as required, ensuring you remain fully equipped to perform your role effectively and to assist in the development of continuous improvement
- To report any accident or damage to any equipment or machinery
- Maintain excellent service levels at all times, ensuring a “first Class” service to all customers
- Take on projects as and when required and see them through to successful completion
- To positively promote Sims to other employees, customers, suppliers and externally
- Ensure road worthiness of vehicle before leaving Service Centre by carrying out a safety check, taking appropriate action where necessary
- Inform relevant Function Manager of non-conformances and ensure corrective action is taken
- Perform such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
- Comply with all Company policies related to Code of Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety and Community
Applicants must have exceptional organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. They will have excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable. The candidate should have strong, clear written and verbal communication skills combined with integrity and confidentiality.
The candidate will have a HGV Licence Class 2 or above and previous experience of HGV driving is essential; specifically roro or skip. HIAB experience is also required for this position. The role requires strong logistical and geographical knowledge and the applicant will have a Digital Tachograph Card & Driver CPC. The applicant will be flexible and willing to travel.
Anyone interested in this opportunity should contact Luis Tapia:
(phone number removed) to request an application form.