Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK and Ireland across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing intellectual, design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators.
We are seeking a Site Representative with heavy process construction/engineering experience to supply their services on a waste plant construction programme situated in Leicestershire.
You will support our Project Manager and ultimately the owners engineering services on this project, liaising directly with our client, employees, and the EPC as necessary. You will be a self-starter who is willing to challenge unsafe practices, maintain quality standards and initiate mechanical, civil, structural, and C&I inspections.
Ideally you will have:
- an HNC/HND in a relevant engineering or construction discipline;
- a Black or White CSCS card or a CCNSG Passport to Safety;
- a recognised health and safety qualification, ideally NEBOSH Construction Certificate;
- significant prior experience with initial groundworks, concrete structures, structural steel, boilers, HRSG, turbines and other mechanical process plant.
- You will ideally be familiar with the design, testing and commissioning of mechanical process systems;
- prior experience with the upkeep of daily records of site activities, materials deliveries, construction milestones reached, contractors personnel and any environmental, quality or health and safety incidents;
- excellent knowledge of the CDM Regulations and current Health and Safety legislation;
- knowledge of pipework and pressure systems, with the ability to inspect welds for quality and snag installations;
- prior experience in the writing of risk assessments and the delivery of site inductions;
- understanding of quality systems and the ability to read and interpret inspection and test plans; and
- able to quickly build lasting business relationships with the EPC, the client and with Fichtner engineers;
We offer an attractive weekly rate for the duration of the project. All contractors will need to have their own limited company and are engaged under a formal agreement for services.