SPB UK are looking for a Management Accountant to join their team in Portsmouth.
Job Title: Management Accountant
Salary: Competitive: Dependent on experience
Location: Portsmouth, PO6
Working Hours: Permanent / Full time / Monday to Friday 09:00am to 5:30pm
SPB UK are leading European provider of quality insurance products for over 100 major brand clients. The company operates selling its insurance, assistance and service programmes to major clients and key accounts via multi sector offerings. Based in exceptional offices in Portsmouth with lakeside views this is a great opportunity to join a business in a period of growth.
We’re also part of the SPB group, which makes us Europe’s leading affinity insurance provider, and the largest provider of Mobile Phone Insurance in Europe.
Management Accountant - The Role:
We are looking for a pro-active and efficient Management Accountant to join our Finance team and contribute to the success of the business. This is a fantastic and exciting opportunity for candidates who are professional and self-motivated and are looking to join a dynamic and innovative business to play a vital part in the delivery of day to day tasks.
Previous experience in Insurance services would be desirable and the ability to handle multiple Company accounts would be an advantage.
Management Accountant - Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Financial Controller in maintaining good relationships with the Company’s corporate bank(s) and insurance providers under binding authority arrangements
- Maintaining the Company’s invoicing system, both sales and purchase invoices, including; Response and investigation of messages received via the Direct Debit system relating to cancellations and bank account errors.
- Support the Financial Controller in preparing reports or statistical information as required.
- Responsibility for the preparation of bank account reconciliations.
- Support the Financial Controller with keeping the business aware of risks associated with general banking collection practices (including BACS) and related issues.
- Carry out research regarding both new and existing accounting legislation changes that may impact the business.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the production of elements of the Company’s Annual Accounts for submission to external accountants and liaising with same as and when instructed to do so.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of financial information relating to elements of the Company’s financials which might include financial aspects produced for inclusion in the regular Returns reported to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Assist the Financial Controller in the revision or creation of financial processes necessary to support new scheme initiatives, liaising with the Compliance Team as may be required.
Management Accountant - Required Experience:
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified (or working towards) with good analytical experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Conversant and comfortable with different computer systems
Management Accountant - What we can offer you:
- 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays which rises to a maximum of 33 days with 5 years’ service
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free parking / complimentary shuttle bus
- Strong career progression
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and biscuits each week
- Bright, modern and comfortable working environment
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, press ‘Apply’ today. You will be redirected to our website where you can complete your application!
In addition, due to the nature of our business, SPB Group UK is unable to employ any candidates with adverse financial history or unspent criminal records.