Construction Buyer – Residential Developer
A rapidly growing residential Developer with a turnover in excess of £150 Million is looking for a Buyer to join their procurement team. This business has experienced a significant growth spike in the past five years and continue to expand. Developments consist of new build residential, mixed use and PRS schemes.
The Buyer will report directly into the Group Procurement Manager.
Key roles will involve;
• Ordering materials for projects in accordance with requirements and lead times.
• Pricing negotiations with key suppliers.
• Develop close relationships wider commercial and production teams.
• Placing plot line orders and utilising correct cost codes.
• Taking off drawings and ordering items such as brickwork, carpentry packages.
• Setting up and ordering project prelims.
• Communicating with site teams regularly to understand needs and costs.
• Manage invoices from orders effectively.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Buyer in construction industry.
• Developer experience is essential.
• A strong ambition to move into a senior role.
• Strong communication skills.
• Knowledge of market and suppliers.
This is an excellent opportunity in a forward-thinking business. The opportunity to develop your career will be supported by the company directors and procurement team. To apply please send your CV to Marty McCoy on details provided.