HVAC / Air Conditioning / Refrigeration Engineer
Do you hold a strong Mechanical and Electrical background? Prefer working on Large Commercial Sites? Interested in working for a Company that invests and offers further training, guidance and qualification course opportunities? Located in Cornwall or Plymouth/North Cornwall?
Then Apply Now!
Girling Jones are recruiting for an experienced Engineer who is competent with both maintenance and projects across Large Commercial Sites including Marine, MoD, Commercial and Industrial business sectors. As a HVAC / Air Conditioning / Refrigeration Engineer, you will delivering both planned and reactive maintenance, undertaking diagnostics and fault-finding. A range of experience is desirable including Chillers and manufacturing equipment’s and natural aptitude to want to grow your skill set.
* Planned & Reactive maintenance to various equipment and site settings
* Undertake diagnostics and fault finding
* Safely & efficiently maintain and repair equipment to manufacturer's specification
* Re-charge and re-commission systems
* If required/requested, work on a call out rota
* Carry out electronic paperwork from PDA/Tablet device
* Carry out on site risk assessments
* Provide recommendations to the service manager on changes for cost savings and performance improvements
* Maintain vehicle stock and material levels to efficiently carry out their works
* Produce accurate and detailed replacement spec/equipment reports to allow detailed quotations to be sent to customers
What you will need to succeed
* Proactive approach
* Experience of reactive maintenance / breakdown
* Ability to cope under pressure and work alone
* Good diagnostic and problem solving skills
* Excellent customer facing and communication skills
* Ability to work within occupied areas in a professional manner
* Proficient in reading and understanding manuals of unfamiliar equipment
* Current UK driving license
* Current 2079 qualification
* Level 2 NVQ Air Conditioning and Refrigeration or equivalent experience or City & Guilds
* Certification of training on major branded manufacturers (Daikin, Mitsubishi, LG, Toshiba etc)
* A minimum of 7 years industry experience
* A strong M&E background would be an advantage
* Experience with electrics – qualifications an advantage
* 18th Edition Desirable
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Adele at Girling Jones for a full detailed brief on the role.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.