Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Operations Director
Purpose of the role
To manage projects through to completion and have responsibility for successful delivery - on budget and on time whilst meeting the customers’ expectations. Most project will be against NEC 3 subcontract with X and Z clauses.
To be involved with cultivating existing and new customers, building relationships with suppliers and assisting with building new opportunities
Job Holder needs to do:
To develop and maintain client relationships in order to keep the relationship on a good footing to enable continuous opportunities for MCS Control Systems to make sure that scope movement is covered by early warning notices and if required subsequently variations to the client
To manage client’s expectations and resolve where possible issues and disputes throughout all stages of a project and enquiry.
To work with the Sales Dept. in understanding the scope of supply and if required to help with the development of robust, cost effective solutions
Pro-actively value-engineer the solution in order to identify alternative materials, scope change opportunities whilst meeting performance, quality and compliance with Client/statutory standards, codes of practice and requirements. To give a better commercial result to MCS Control Systems.
To attend bid review when available for tenders which you have not been involved with but could end up being an order to the company.
Working within agreed MCS Control Systems procedures and formats.
Applicable for New Contracts
Baseline Programme of Works
Project Management Duties
Job Holder needs to know:
- Project Management
- Budget control
- Programme control through effective use of Project Management tools & techniques (Microsoft Projects)
- Resource planning and forecasting
- Engineering Health and Safety and other Legislative Requirements
- Experience in either Food, FMCG, Automotive, Materials Handling or Utility industries
- Experience in NEC 3 Sub contracts
- Electrical Experience preferred but not essential
Job Holder needs to have experience of:.
- 5 years in a Senior Engineering / Project Engineering role, preferably in a Systems Integration Environment but not essential.
- Specification, design, installation and commissioning of equipment with internal and/or external resource.
- Project management and control techniques.
- CDM, CE, PUWER, HSAW
- Demonstrable track record of the management of contracts, client and/or contractor disputes, contractors, project team, consultants and other external resource
- Demonstrable experience in some/all of the following industries; Food, FMCG, Automotive, Materials Handling or Utility industries
Job Holder needs to be/demonstrate:
- Able to influence internally and externally at all levels.
- Proven Commercial acumen.
- Proven Project Management techniques.
- Problem solving and innovation.
- Meeting facilitation and management.
- Negotiating skills.
- Management of client/project disputes.
- Presentation and communication skills.
- Independence and personal drive.
- Can lead and be lead depending on level of input of a particular project.
Key Facts about the role:
- Reports to : Operations Director
- Direct reports…1
- Key relationships :
- Internal : Operations Director, Commercial Manager, Design Manager, Company H&S Manager, Company QA Manager, Contracts Managers, Senior Systems Engineers, Systems Engineers, CAD, Sales Dept, Production Supervisor, Shop Floor, Installations Manager, Site Supervisors
External : Clients, Suppliers, Contractors, Designers, Consultants