HYDRO is a leading global company specialising in GSE and Maintenance tooling for the aerospace industry. With an unmatched product portfolio we offer our customers innovative and high quality solutions, with a full design, make and after service provision.
Position: Warehouse Operative
Location: Trent Lane Office
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 38 hours per week, Monday – Friday; Regular overtime hours available.
Salary: £8.21 - £9.50 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: Company Pension - matched contribution scheme Westfield Health care plan - after 3 months.
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wants to develop their skills working in a fast paced and skilled team. The role of Warehouse Operative will be responsible for providing support to the Logistics, ESR, Service, Machine Shop & Inspection departments. This is a cross functional role and may require ad hoc on-site support to the customer.
- Taking delivery of products and storage of such in the Warehouse facility.
- Initial visual inspection of products delivered.
- General warehouse duties including the good housekeeping of the warehouse area.
- The safe operation of the fork lift truck and other equipment.
- Timely and accurate completion of warehouse documentation to ensure smooth transaction.
- Manual handling of stock following laid down procedures and adhering to Health & Safety standards.
- Collection and delivery of products at locations throughout the UK.
- Goods in and out control for all departments.
- Supporting other departments as required, which may include off site visits.
- Engage in training, development and education in order to keep skills and knowledge current and to strive for continual improvement.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
- Willingness to learn or hold a current Fork Truck Licence (training will be available where required).
- Willingness to support other departments as required.
- Valid driving licence and passport essential.
- Fork Truck / Counterbalance Licence.
Should the successful candidate not have the experience above they will be given the opportunity to develop these skills with training and development.
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Assistant, Order Picker, Goods In Operative, Goods Out Operative, Order Packer, Distribution Centre Assistant, Distribution Centre Operative, Forklift Driver, Forklift Truck Driver, etc