AAK is proud to be the world’s leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK’s largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, Foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.
Position: Management Accountant
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
About the role:
AAK are seeking to appoint a Management Accountant to join the Hull Finance Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for a broad range of Management and Financial Accounting.
- Preparing monthly Management Accounts.
- Generating timely and accurate reports and costings.
- Account reconciliation.
- Ensuring budgets and forecasting are accurate and maintained.
- Accurate preparation of variance analysis.
- Liaising with colleagues across both finance and non-finance departments to ensure accurate and insightful analysis is provided.
- Modelling and working with concepts.
- Project work.
- Support SAP implementation project.
- Strong academic background (A Levels).
- A degree in a finance discipline (Preferred).
- CIMA / ACCA (Qualified / Part-qualified).
- Strong Excel skills including advanced formula creation and use.
- Previous experience working within an Accounting Department.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; effective communicator across all levels of the organisation.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective organisational and time management skills.
- Keen to learn, understand and take on new tasks.
- An inquisitive approach with a desire to contribute to continual improvements to processes and working methods.
- Comfortable working with first principals and non-system based accounting methods.
- SAP experience advantageous.
In return AAK offer:
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
You may have experience of the following: Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Finance Manager, Accountant, Finance Analyst, Finance Officer, Financial Analyst, Accounts Manager, Financial Reporting, ACCA, CIMA, Part Qualified Accountant, etc.