Production Operative – Bolsover - Salary £24,500 pa
Operating from one of the most sophisticated and modern facilities of its type, the business processes foods and supply further food manufacturers, restaurants, Foodservice Operators and Wholesalers. This food processor has invested significant sums of money into the plant and systems, demonstrating their long-term commitment to their staff and customers.
- Shift Pattern Monday to Friday. Week 1: 06:00-15:00, Week 2: 15:00-00:00
- The environment is fast-moving and the Production Operative appointed will take on a range of tasks and duties, working at pace.
- The Production Operative will report to the Production Manager and, on occasion, deputise for the Production Manager and allocate tasks to other Production Operatives and lead them on shift.
- The factory site is modern and includes the following elements, raw material intake, raw material separation, mixing, blending, packing, warehouse, despatch, refrigeration.
- Duties of the role are varied and will include, grading of finished products, ensuring stringent level of Health & Safety and Hygiene are adhered to, hands-on involvement with HACCP audits, liaising with the Quality department.
- The Production Operative will also train new recruits on the production process, maintain production records, assist in keeping waste to a minimum, conduct quality and label checks, follow SOP’s and Production best practice.
- We are seeking an individual who understands Food Production and knows their way around a Food Factory and can work productively with minimal supervision.
- The business will offer career progression and training.
- The role would suit an individual who has previously been a ‘Skilled Production Operative’ or ‘Chargehand’ or ‘Production Team Leader’ or ‘Senior Production Operative’ within a Food production site.
- Has their own transport and able to travel to Bolsover
- Salary is £24,500 per annum plus overtime. Permanent Job. Ref: 3006b