Abingdon have an exciting opportunity for a School Nurse to join their team in Frilford, Oxfordshire.
Job Title: School Nurse
Location: Frilford, Oxfordshire
Salary: Based on the NHS Agenda for Change Pay Band 6
Job Type: Part-Time
Hours: Monday – Friday, (phone number removed) or (phone number removed)
Abingdon Preparatory School is a leading independent preparatory day school of around 250 boys aged between 4 and 13 years. The school is located on its own site in Frilford, Oxfordshire and is part of the Abingdon Foundation.
At Abingdon Prep we are seeking to appoint a Registered Nurse to join our friendly administrative team to help provide a first class healthcare service in our school. This is a term time only post plus INSET days working daily Monday to Friday (phone number removed) or (phone number removed), commencing on Friday 30 August 2019.
School Nurse – You:
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Nurse especially with a background in paediatrics, primary health care or accident and emergency. We are seeking to appoint a caring, professional person who enjoys working with children and who is flexible to work as part of a team as well as being able to take initiative in a busy school environment.
- RGN either on part 8 or 15 of the NMC register with relevant post-registration experience or on part 1 and possessing a specialist practitioner school nurse qualification
- First aid or experience with minor injury management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong administrative and IT skills
- Team player
- Manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Teaching skills
- An ability to communicate with young people and display empathy, kindness and care
- Meets objectives on their own initiative
- Committed to continuous self-development
- Has a willingness to attend appropriate on-going training and professional development opportunities
- Is able to undertake all the physical requirements of the role and use equipment according to their method statements and all H&S guidelines
- Displays commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Values and respects the views and needs of children and young people
The closing date for applications is Friday 19 July 2019 (midday) and interviews will be held w/c 22 July 2019.
Please note we do not accept CV’s. For more details on this School Nurse opportunity and to submit your application, please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our website.
Abingdon is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.