The largest secure solutions company in the world is seeking a Driver to join its team based in the Bloxwich area. The company has an immense range of opportunities to offer you including a uniform, excellent annual leave, pension, life assurance and much more.
It'll be up to you to deliver cash and valuables to many customers – carrying goods from the van into the hands of its clients, safely and on time. It's a role that requires vigilance, concentration, common sense and the ability to build strong relationships with your customers.
As a Driver your duties will include:
- Delivering cash and valuables to various customers in a physically active role.
- Remaining aware of your professional impact and presence and ensuring that this deters would-be attackers.
- Safely and securely carrying goods from the van into the hands of its customers.
- Dealing confidently and safely with situations that arise on the pavement when you are in the process of carrying cash and valuables.
- Closely following defined mandatory procedures all the time.
- Being aware of what its customers want and strive to meet their needs every time.
- Building strong customer relationships.
- When appropriate taking steps to protect both yourself and the customers’ cash and valuables.
- Maintaining the highest standards of security to minimise the risk of theft.
- Proactively learning from others experience.
- Assisting the team in achieving objectives.
To be a successful Driver you will have the following skills and experience:
- Have held a current full driving licence for 3 years with no more than 6 penalty points.
- Holder of a C or C1 licence with full entitlement to drive professionally.
- Holder of a ‘Driver Qualification Card’ (DQC).
- Commenced or completed any Driver CPC Periodic Training.
- Able to undergo and then apply personal protection training which educates you on how to protect both yourself and the customers’ cash and valuables.
- Ability to follow laid down instructions.
- Due to the nature of the role, you must be able to wear body armour (supplied by the Company).
- Numerate and have a high level of spoken English.
- Checkable 5-year employment/unemployment/educational history.
- Must be able to pass a personal credit check, identity check and criminal records check.
- Previous experience in a driving role, a role that required considerable lifting and carrying and/or dealing with challenging members of the public.
- Personal safety or restraint training.
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Security conscious.
- Hold an SIA licence.
This role will be subject to screening including but not limited to a criminal record check, credit check and 5-year background check. In addition, this role will be subject to a medical review which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
In return, you will receive a salary of £11.31 increasing to £11.61 and after a year increasing to £11.91 plus excellent benefits.