School Finance assistant
Do you have experience working in a school office for at least 6 months? Are you looking to secure a long term to permanent position in a school office?
Empowering Learning is seeking to recruit two finance assistants for a bustling school office in Rugby.
* To work in accordance with the organisation’s financial deadlines in respect to financial processing, reporting and monitoring.
* To ensure confidentiality at all times in relation to the organisation’s financial information and accounts.
* To undertake the monthly, inputting and processing of operational accounting data to include, invoices, BAC’s payments, Sales/ Purchase Ledger, petty cash and credit card returns for the organisation.
* To assist with the review, input and processing of all financial returns from operational services.
* To input and produce bank reconciliations and other balance sheet reconciliations as required.
* To support the periodic internal auditing of financial records of operational services to ensure they remain compliant as per the finance schedule and other regularity bodies
* To contribute to the efficiency of the organisations financial internal control systems.
* Accurate and timely inputting and collation of financial information to support the organisations year-end audit process.
* Respond in a timely manner to requests for financial information from operational colleagues, using appropriate communication methods.
* To provide support to the Senior Leadership Team and Administration staff, on finance related issues within services.
* Contribute to the preparation of service specific financial reports, as requested.
* To accurately record, store and archive all information in accordance with policy and regulations.
* Undertake other duties in relation to the broader finance team as requested by the School Business Manager.
School Data System
* Take the lead role in the development, management and maintenance of SIMS system and other assessment packages.
* Maintain and manage the academy assessment and reporting systems including online tracking tools and liaise with Spika.
* To attend some SLT meetings to present and further investigate data trends.
* Provide and organise an efficient and professional data administrative service to the senior leadership team.
* To provide CPD for staff as required in relation to the use of the MIS and wider data reporting tool.
* Attend relevant training courses.
* Liaise with ICT managed service provider to ensure smooth running of SIMS
* Provide complex reports for audiences including staff, governors, Ofsted and other bodies.
* Take responsibility for the termly return to LA (PLASC) and other statutory returns.
* Contribute to school timetabling team.
* Set up and maintain any new data management systems as required including providing usernames and logins.
* Be responsible for the input of targets, predictions and outcomes grades for all students for all courses.
* Analyse and produce regular reports for staff and others as required.
* Produce performance data as required for internal and external agencies including Ofsted.
* Use external packages to collate and analyse data.
* Respond to requests from staff with school performance data packages.
* Set up, produce and maintain the school reporting system. This includes the annual school report for every student and reports for each assessment period.
* Agree with line manager the production of school reports based upon agreed calendar.
* To safeguard and promote the welfare of all children and young people in the school by being familiar with and aware of the School’s Safeguarding and protection issues, procedures and guidelines and to adhere to them at all times.
* To bring to the attention of a senior colleague any matter of concern over the wellbeing, safety or safeguarding of a person we support.
* To be aware of your responsibilities in accordance with the current Health and Safety at Work Act.
* To be aware of your responsibilities in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and be familiar with the content of the MAT Data Protection Policy, Acceptable use of ICT Policy, Password Policy and any other associated policies and procedures.
Empowering Learning can offer:
* A dedicated consultant to assist you during your clearance process;
* An education specialist to support you throughout your placement at the school;
* Competitive rates of pay;
* Continued support throughout the placement;
* Access to CPD seminars with Empowering Learning;
* DBS refunded after working for a qualifying number of days.
Start date: September 2019
Role: Finance & Data Assistant in a new SEND school
Salary: £18,468.91- £22,891 per annum depending on experience
The position will initially be for one term with an option for the right candidate to become permanent.
If you are interested in this role and would like to find out more about the position, please respond to this advert by submitting your CV or contact Amrita.
Call Amrita on: (phone number removed)
Email Amrita at: (url removed)
Empowering Learning Ltd is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.