Warehouse Assistant - Spider are advertising on behalf of a busy export company based in Needham Market, who are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Assistant into their small but friendly and ambitious team.
You will be working with a small but experienced team in the warehouse. Goods are in and out on a daily basis, it's a small warehouse unit but very busy and attention to detail is critical due to the amount and variety of the various goods. The Company pride themselves on the fact that they have a very low staff turnover and the team enjoy working there.
As a Warehouse Assistant the duties will include:
- Dealing with deliveries daily from all over the world.
- Packing and unpacking of goods.
- Using the computer system to input goods in and out and check on stock.
- Ensuring orders are processed/dispatched correctly and efficiently and demonstrate ownership of any problems with shipments.
- Checking that the goods are undamaged before sending out.
- Stock checking and reconciling with the computer and manual records accordingly.
- Communicating with colleagues in the office to check orders and timescales.
Skills and attributes required:
- You must have a stable work history.
- Have the ability to think on your feet with the desire to make a real difference in this hands-on role.
- Common sense.
- Strong inter-personal skills to liaise with delivery drivers and internal office staff as well as work independently and as part of the Warehouse team.
- Attention to detail and ability to plan, prepare and be organised.
- Physically fit and able to lift.
- Also happy to consider a school leaver with the ambition to develop a career and start as a trainee.
It's an exciting opportunity for a positive thinking, confident individual. There is potential to develop your career should you wish to. The Company believes in promoting from within.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who are extremely proud of their success and relationships across the globe. On offer is a salary of £16,000 to £18,000 depending on experience plus a yearly profit related bonus paid in November. Full training will be given for the right candidate.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialists Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Warehouse, administrator, Packing, Packer, Stores, Storeperson
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.