Social Worker - Stockport Council - Apsire Team - CSE
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Qualified Social Worker’s to join our client, Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council.
We have a number of requirements for a number of different Children Service teams. We have roles available within Locality, Fostering and Specialist Children Needs Team.
However, this particular requirement is for their Aspire Team which is Complex Safeguarding Team/Service.
Our client is looking for someone to fulfil the following;
This position is for an experienced Social Worker who has the skills and ability to work with the areas of complex safeguarding.
Social Workers within the Aspire service are co-located and integrated with Greater Manchester Police, Health Services, the MASSH and Stockport Family.
Aspire Social Workers have a protected lower-case load to ensure that a high standard of practice is offered to children and families.
Aspire Social Workers work with cases involving; child sexual exploitation, criminal exploitation, FGM, Forced Marriage, Honour Based Abuse, high risk Domestic Abuse, Radicalisation/Terrorism and Organised Crime Groups.
Cases are often worked on a co-working basis with a locality worker and can also be key worked in certain cases.
Also, Stockport's Children's Services were rated as 'good' by Ofsted in August 2017 and have recently rolled-out mobile working equipment to all Social Workers
Please get in touch for more details.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification and will be registered with the HCPC as a qualified social worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach when need arises.
Contracts are full-time and generally offered for a minimum of 3 months before rolling on.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency career.
Please contact Gavin should you like to discuss this vacancy further or should you wish to discuss any other QSW vacancies within the North of England and surrounding areas.