Customer Accounts Officer
CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS OFFICER
MONDAY- FRIDAY 9AM- 5PM
3 MONTH ASSIGNMENT (Possibility to be extended)
£14.91 HOURLY RATE
* To maintain the Council Tax records for the arrears team using office computer systems
* To contact those in arrears of Non-Domestic Rates, BIDs and the Council Tax, to deal promptly and efficiently with customers, their agents, and other persons and organisations
* To ascertain and check all necessary information, using permitted sources and by liaison with other Local Taxation and council sections and outside organisations.
* To carry out further enquiries and investigations as necessary to verify particular circumstances.
* To maintain accurate payment and instalment details on customer accounts
* To check and despatch system generated documentation (including rolling review forms, bills, reminders, summonses, Pre –enforcement letters, committal warnings and committal summonses).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* Previously worked in a Council Tax role
* Ability to Demonstrate the ability to interpret Non-Domestic Rates, BIDS and Council Tax charges and account amendments
* Ability to use a computerised accounts system to accurately maintain and update Council Tax records
* Ability to respond to customers enquiries: in writing, electronically, face to face and at Magistrates Court
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy