Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Contracts/ Installations
Geographical: Midlands East & West
A national comprehensive installations, maintenance and servicing provider is seeking an established Project Manager to oversee the delivery of multi-trade, multi-disciplined installation projects for key customers within the stated geographical area.
The successful candidate will be mindful of the customer’s requirements and be able to take ownership / responsibility of the specific projects deliverables, working within predefined time limits to enable the company to maintain its high standards of quality and efficiency whilst delivering customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate must have the drive to ensure the each project is delivered to the satisfaction of the client and commitment to ensure the contracts are delivered to the satisfaction of the client, Directors, KPIs, within budget, on time and at a profit.
The Project Manager will be required to attend client meetings, pre contract meetings, to oversee the day to day operation of the direct and indirectly employed resident liaison officers and field resources to ensure efficiency productivity.
The role will require you to liaise with/ report to line managers including Branch and/ or Contracts Manager, Directors & The Share Holders.
The successful candidate will be expected to be actively involved in providing: H&S CDM documents, Programmes for work, Compliancy Registers, Contract and Project Meetings, Reports (both internal and client focused), interim valuations/ claims for payment and the management of resource portfolio.
Day to day working would be within the Midlands and surrounding areas, but there may be a requirement to travel to other areas or company branches.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow a successful and well establish, client focused contracts delivery team with a view to take on a wider ranging remit.
Specific IT system training will be provided.
Responsible to: Branch Manager, Directors and Share Holders
Responsible for: Resident Liaison Officers, Supervisors and Engineers, Sub-Contractors
- To directly manage and oversee all project obligations including the any that are strategic, operational, and financial obligations between Clients and OpenView Group. This role involves client facing activities, including all required KPI and client driven reporting requirements.
- To manage both strategically and operationally contract performance and objectives.
- To deliver, oversee and manage all necessary technical reporting between OpenView, Engineers, supervisors, operational and support members and the client officers.
- Record and manage individual works orders effectively via OpenView IT systems, using the correct ordering profiles to ensure value for money.
- Undertake a pre, on-going and post inspection regime in accordance with service needs, to assess specific work quality and, where necessary, recommend appropriate remedial action.
- To manage or provide job valuation and SOR scheduling against individual jobs.
- To provide technical audit of all regulatory certificates.
- To provide and manage purchase ordering requirements and activities. Individually and all relevant team members.
- Liaise with operatives on a continuous basis, driving performance, and processing variations and follow on orders in an efficient and timely fashion, closing orders as soon as practicable, ensuring customer satisfaction and overdue targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that all works orders are correctly specified - notifying the client immediately of any non-compliance.
- Ensure that all operatives are wearing the correct PPE, have appropriate equipment, plant and all items necessary to perform their tasks of work. To ensure that all H&S requirements are being fully adhered to by carrying out continuous random audits and by carrying out regular Toolbox Talks.
- Ensure that agreed KPI and Financial Targets are achieved and maintained.
- To manage purchase ordering arrangements audit cost against income and report on an irregularities per client contract or sub-contract.
- Assist and support the introduction, operative training, and ongoing use of new working methods and technologies.
- Work closely with clients to ensure contract obligations are adhered to from both OpenView and Client positions.
- Work closely with and alongside the client to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Resolve complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Contribute towards continuous performance improvement - escalating consistent failures for management resolution and providing technical recommendations for service improvement.
- Ensure compliance with both Fire Safety and Health & Safety legislation and protocols at all times.
- Respond to and resolve customer problems as they arise, including carrying out detailed condition surveys and preparing actionable reports.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring systems are followed, to adequately report back to both senior management and to resident forums as required.
- Ensure customer service standards are maintained - responding to specific deadlines for providing technical input to individual complaints through the Compliance Manager, Branch/Contracts Manager.
- Promote and deliver a customer focused service that is responsive to both internal and external customer needs - placing resident involvement at the heart of the service.
- Effectively manage all services delivered via internal staff or with external partners.
- Responsible for placing work with sub-contractors, instructing and monitoring of their work orders through sites visits and daily contact.
- Ensuring completion of work to contract specification, to eliminate any financial penalties.
- Maintain effective liaison with internal and external stakeholders including Senior Managers, Council Officers, all sections, and relevant departments of the clients as well as relevant external bodies and organizations.
- Manage, organise, control, and audit the activities of all allocated operatives - setting targets, monitoring performance, attendance, and conduct - identifying training needs and resolving issues in line with customer procedures.
- Establish a strong performance management culture, which encompassed challenging targets for all areas of activity and are subject to regular review.
- To assist the estimation and sales team in tender/ quotations/ bids for larger “Capital” replacements as required.
- You will be expected to actively be involved with providing: H&S (RAMS) documents, Planned Preventative Programmes for work, Contract Meetings, interim valuations/ claims for payment, small works and variation quotations, all aspects of contract accounting and the management of resource.
- To work closely with the Group Commercial Team to ensure project cost control, revenue targets are achieved and improve the gross margin of all contracts under your remit.
- The successful candidate will be required to lead the mobilisation of new installation contracts, ensuring that the project managers and wider team are supported to achieve a successful contract launch.
- To provide interim (as required) reports to the client and attend any contract progress meetings.
- To measure, estimate and prepare quotations for variations as required throughout the contract.
- Contribute to the expansion of the contracts/ installations department.
Essential aptitutes and competencies-
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Able to effectively plan and organise a wide and challenging workload.
- Able to explain complex information clearly to customers, staff, and contractors.
- Able to use MS Word, Project, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel packages.
- Able to create and maintain effective working relationships.
- Able to work as a member of a team, performing in a flexible, supportive way.
- Able to record information accurately, and to correspond effectively.
- Numeracy and literacy to be commensurate with grade.
- Ability to perform tasks as outlined.
- Of suitable appearance to represent OpenView image to customers.
- Good health.
- Ability to work unsupervised and show initiative.
- Ability to work as member of a team whilst managing the individual roles of other team
- Respond to a range of requests and tasks.
- Work flexible hours – including weekends and nights when applicable.
- Have a full current car driving license and to notify immediately the Compliance Manager of any changes.
- Operate or drive OpenView Ltd vehicles in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure the vehicles essential daily/weekly routine maintenance is observed/implemented
- Excellent time keeping and attendance.
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Resource planning for a mixed deployment of indirect field and office personnel.
- Understanding of issues around the delivery of maintenance and refurbishment contracts within security buildings and environments.
- Understanding full “tip to toe” contract management requirements within Social Housing sectors.
- Working understanding of maintenance related contracts: NEC, PPC, JTC, MF1
- Understanding the use of schedule of rates, project costs, and financial controls.
- Hold relevant qualification and professional qualifications.
- Understanding of relevant legislation and codes of practice including H&S, Security Standards, Door/ Gate Automation, Fire Regulations, etc.
- In front line resolution of customers queries.
- Organising and manage direct and indirect field and office resource.
- Organising field labour resources to meet customers expectations.
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft word, project and outlook.
- Consolidate information into a coherent report.
- Working to customers KPI’s.
- Experience costing calls using SOR’s. Experience of dealing with the public and in resolving queries and problems.
- Experience of managing contracts from PQQ, ITT and tender opportunities to mobilization and actual delivery implementation.
- To exhibit a track record of recruiting technical personnel.
- Experience of managing personnel from office administration to technical engineers.
- Experience of delivering projects to cost, quality and time constraints.
- Experience of managing a team and prioritising workload.
- Able to diagnose complex electrical defects and to produce specifications for repair/replacement.
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience managing deliverables within corporate and security services electronic security sector.
- Attending performance meetings with customers.
- Experience of managing staff and contractors in a repairs and installations environment.
- Current fire design, planning and installation accreditation including but not limited to:
· FIA 1-5 in maintenance, design, installation and commission of fire systems.